Learning the laws regulating the use of firearms is a must for responsible ownership. Local regulations differ and laws vary from state to state. Citizens must check with the jurisdiction where the firearm is to be used.
In California, the Sheriff and his staff are required to follow strict state and local guidelines when performing the necessary background checks for issuing Concealed Carry Weapon licenses. Due to the detailed nature involved with conducting these background checks, appointment times and processing times can take multiple weeks. During the application process, the applicant will be asked to schedule a fingerprint appointment for a new Concealed Carry Weapon license. Please note that for a new Concealed Carry Weapon license a $144 application fee will be required to reserve an appointment for an interview which includes a non-refundable $24 Sheriff's Office fee, $27 rolling fee, and a $93 DOJ LiveScan fee.
If the applicant is RENEWING a Concealed Carry Weapon license in Nevada County, they may not apply until 30 days before the expiration date listed on their current Concealed Carry Weapon license. Permits will also not be renewed if the application is submitted 30-days beyond the expiration date on the permit, otherwise the application process will need to be started over as a “NEW” permit request.
- The administrative cost for a New Concealed Carry Weapon Standard license is $239.00. An applicant will pay a $144.00 (includes non-refundable $24.00 Sheriff's Office fee, $27 rolling fee, and a $93.00 DOJ LiveScan fee) application fee, and if approved, be asked to pay an additional $95.00 prior to receiving their Concealed Carry Weapon license.
- A Standard Renewal of a Concealed Carry Weapon license costs $82.00.
- Any Modification (e.g. residence or firearm change) to a Concealed Carry Weapon license costs $12.00.
- For credit card transactions a nominal credit card transaction fee will be charged for each transaction. Charges will be viewable prior to transaction completion.
- Fingerprint appointments for Concealed Carry Weapon licenses will be processed on the Thursdays between 9am and 4pm.
- Click the appropriate button on the left of the screen to proceed with an application for a Concealed Carry Weapon license.
Please visit the below website for further information regarding a Concealed Carry Weapon License in Nevada County:
Gaining competency with firearms is like learning to drive a car or fly an airplane. You need expert instruction and practice. There is no shortcut. If you are not willing to invest the time and effort to become competent, then having a firearm and trying to use it can, in many instances, be more hazardous than any impending threat.
Please note that this website is optimized for IE 9.0 and higher, Safari, Chrome and Firefox.